From: Casey Klein (clklein at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 6 14:53:17 EDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> 1. I like Robby's mode suggestion.
> 2. I prefer shorter keywords, e.g., define-judgment.

I'm having trouble reconciling these comments. Robby's suggestion, if
I understand it correctly, is to overload the `define-relation' name
instead of choosing a new one. If you supply the #:mode keyword, you
get the `define-judgment-form' behavior (inputs and outputs, static
checking, the `judgment-holds' syntax for application); if not, you
get the current `define-relation' behavior.

Do you mean keep the forms separate but use the name `define-judgment'
for the new one? I intentionally avoided that name because what it
defines, for example `sum', is not itself a judgment. Judgments are
uses of that thing, i.e., assertions about particular objects, for
example (sum z z z).

> 3. Why is this in github and not in the docs?

Oh, good idea!

Posted on the dev mailing list.