[racket-dev] Racket and Text Editors

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 5 12:22:44 EDT 2011

At Fri, 5 Aug 2011 03:22:07 -0400,
Eli Barzilay wrote:
> The problem is that the meta collection is not intended for
> distribution.  Even if it's moved to some collection that will get
> included, it's an abuse of what `collects' means at the moment.

I see. How about a `contrib' directory at the top level of the
distribution? That would be a good place if we ever want to
distribute, say, quack as part of the Racket distribution.

> > > * `check-requires' is even less important than that...  Including
> > >   it means including a whole bunch of other things (for example,
> > >   the macro stepper's textual interface).  If anything, add it as
> > >   an xrepl command.
> >
> > Adding it to xrepl is a good idea.
>
> Tell me how to call it, and I'll add it.

`check-requires' sounds good. Maybe with `cr' as an available
abbreviation?

As for inclusion in xrepl, `show-requires' (from
`macro-debugger/analysis/check-requires.rkt') may be a better starting
point than `check-requires-script.rkt'.

Vincent

Posted on the dev mailing list.