[racket-dev] racket vs. scheme vs. clojure (as it appears to others)

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 29 12:56:16 EDT 2011

The last chapter of _Picturing Programs_ is entitled "Next Steps".  It mentions HtDP, HtDP2e, HtDW, HtDC, and a list of advanced Racket topics: the Web server, modules, racket/contract, classes, macros, stand-alone executables, and GUI and graphics libraries.  Most of these topics (not to mention futures, promises, threads, and channels) I'm only vaguely familiar with myself, even having used PLT Scheme since 1998. So I'm not surprised that somebody who had gone through a TS! workshop might not even be aware of their existence.

(When I'm programming in Racket for myself, I tend to work in ISLL + racket/contract.  Why would anyone need more than that? :-) )

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu