[racket-dev] Pre-Release Checklist for v5.1.1, second call

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 23 21:04:47 EDT 2011

Checklist items for the v5.1.1 release
  (using the v5.1.0.900 release candidate build)

Search for your name to find relevant items, reply when you finish an
item (please indicate which item/s is/are done).  Also, if you have any
commits that should have been picked, make sure that the changes are in.

Important: new builds are created without announcement, usually whenever
I pick a few commits.  If you need to commit changes, please make sure
you tell me to pick it into the release branch.

--> Release candidates are at
-->   http://pre.racket-lang.org/release/installers

Please use these installers (or source bundles) -- don't test from
your own git clone (don't test v5.1.1.1 by mistake!).  To get
the tests directory in such a directory, you can do this:
  cd ...racket-root...
  git archive --remote=git://git.racket-lang.org/plt.git release \
      -- collects/tests | tar x

* Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu>
  - Teachpacks Tests: check that new teachpacks are addable
  - Teachpack Docs: check teachpack docs in the bundles
  Updates:
  - Teachpack Updates: update HISTORY
  (updates should show v5.1.1 as the most current version; email me
  to pick the changes when they're done, or tell me if there are no such
  changes.)

* Kathy Gray <kathryn.gray at cl.cam.ac.uk>
  - Test Engine Tests

* Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com>
  - Rackunit Tests
  - SRFI Tests
  - Ensure that all claimed srfi's are in the installer and they all
    load into racket or drracket (as appropriate)

* Stephen Chang <stchang at ccs.neu.edu>
  - Lazy Racket Tests
  - Lazy stepper tests

* Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org>
  - Racket Tree: compare new distribution tree to previous one

* Jon Rafkind <rafkind at cs.utah.edu>
  Release tests for (one of the) linux releases:
  - Test that the `racket' and `racket-textual' source releases
    compile fine
  - Test that the binary installers for both work, try each one in
    both normal and unix-style installation modes. (just ubuntu)
  [Note: get the release candidates from the URL in this email. Use
   the 'static table' link to see a list of all tar files available]

--
Ryan Culpepper