[racket-dev] unhelpful error message in drracket

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 22 09:56:00 EDT 2011

I am trying to reorganize my project, adding a directory for utilities that could and should be in the core somewhere. So made Utilities, did a grep on all files, added Utitlities to contract.rkt and ran the racket file (at shell and in drracket) only to get this:

Welcome to DrRacket, version 5.1.0.6--2011-04-15(3c88769/g) [3m].
Language: racket; memory limit: 256 MB.
open-input-file: cannot open input file: "/Users/matthias/Git/Ingenious/contract.rkt" (No such file or directory; errno=2)

Can't we at least provide a place of where the require goes wrong?

-- Matthias

Posted on the dev mailing list.