[racket-dev] Pre-Release Checklist for v5.1.1

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 21 13:50:24 EDT 2011

> * Jon Rafkind <rafkind at cs.utah.edu>
>   Release tests for (one of the) linux releases:
>   - Test that the `racket' and `racket-textual' source releases
>     compile fine
>   - Test that the binary installers for both work, try each one in
>     both normal and unix-style installation modes. (just ubuntu)
>   [Note: get the release candidates from the URL in this email. Use
>    the 'static table' link to see a list of all tar files available]

The binary installers had problems with libffi.so.5. Source
distributions are still compiling. I used

plt-5.1.0.900-bin-i386-linux-ubuntu-jaunty.sh
mz-5.1.0.900-bin-i386-linux-ubuntu-jaunty.sh

My notes:
textual - failed in normal mode after install
   $ ./racket
   ./racket: error while loading shared libraries: libffi.so.5: cannot

  failed in unix mode during install
  Unpacking into
"/tmp/work/x/binary/textual-unix/racket-textual-tmp-install"... done.
  racket-textual-tmp-install/bin/racket: error while loading shared
libraries: libffi.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

  racket - failed in normal mode after install
    $ ./racket
    ./racket: error while loading shared libraries: libffi.so.5: cannot

  failed in unix mode during install
   Unpacking into "/tmp/work/x/binary/racket-unix/racket-tmp-install"...
done.
   racket-tmp-install/bin/racket: error while loading shared libraries:
libffi.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
   Error: installation failed
     (Removing installation files in
/tmp/work/x/binary/racket-unix/racket-tmp-install)

Posted on the dev mailing list.