[racket-dev] Module metadata

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 19 17:42:44 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Carl Eastlund <cce at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Robby Findler
>>> (Also you might want to go check and see how scribble does proc-doc
>>> and possibly scribble/lp. I forget the details now, but they are doing
>>> similar things.)
>>
>> Okay, I'll see what I can find.  Are these mechanisms documented, or
>> do you mean I should look at the code?
>
> The language primitives are documented; the way they are used is in the code.

I see now.  These primitives assume they will have access to the
source code of the given module, re-expand it, and extract values from
the produced syntax.  I've done it that way for Dracula before, but
for future versions I would prefer not to have to re-expand anything
or assume I have the source code.  If possible, I would like to
associate metadata with the compiled form of the module much like the
module-language syntax property does when produced by the reader.

--Carl

Posted on the dev mailing list.