[racket-dev] DrRacket crash

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 18 18:14:57 EDT 2011

Just to make sure, is there anything in the event log from DrRacket?
DrRacket attempts to log an event when it runs out of memory.

[I can never remember how to view the log in XP, so I start here:
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427
 DrRacket events would be in the "Application" category, of course.]

At Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:33:08 +0200, Pierpaolo Bernardi wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 16:49, Pierpaolo Bernardi <olopierpa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  And there's plenty of free ram when it happens.
>
> To be more precise, I ran the test once more: the machine has 2 GB of
> RAM, DrRacket at the moment of the crash uses about 900 MB, and there
> are more than 300 MB of physical RAM free.
>
> The crash happened after writing "(semplice" in the interaction
> window, that is, in the displayln at the end of procedure test during
> the third invocation of said procedure.

Posted on the dev mailing list.