[racket-dev] exact nonnegative integers as sequences?

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 18 11:49:08 EDT 2011

> Which also raises an idea: now that TR is getting going, maybe we
> should have another step on this scripts-to-programs slope that is
> _lower_ than Racket. A language where we really only have one single
> datatype and "everything just works" on it, hashes being the obvious
> one (altho we probably should not _call_ them hashes; we should call
> them "the scracket value" or something).

Guillaume's been doing all his programming lately with just such an
infrastructure, and can't sing its praises enough.  The associative
table really is a powerful abstraction for lightweight programming,
especially when combined with overloading of the form Matthew
initially suggested.

Shriram

Posted on the dev mailing list.