[racket-dev] typed/scheme n00b question

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 7 08:19:58 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

>> You can't use that type in `require/typed', though, since the contract
>> library doesn't accept `case->' contracts like that.
>
> The "like that" part is that two different arms of the case-> would
> have the same arity?

Right.  Of course, even if the contract library accepted such
contracts when it could distinguish based on the first-order portions
which case to take, that still wouldn't cover all of what TR accepts.
More work is needed (on my part) to characterize it precisely, though.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.