[racket-dev] RFC: Coding Guidelines

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 2 07:27:41 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> Well -- you do, in a sense.  When something is broken, someone needs
> to fix it.  There's tons of stuff that is (or has) bitrotting away
> since there's no proper owner to take care of some code, or bugs in
> code with no clear owner need to wait for someone to volunteer to do
> the work -- and that's less likely to happen.

Agreed. I think less stuff should be in the core, and this would go
some way to solving the problem. I think you want this as well.

To elaborate, I think Racket should still come with all the libraries
it currently does but 1) they should have versions like Planet does
and 2) they should be distributable independently of Racket core. This
way a particular library update is independent of updates to other
libraries or the core.

N.