[racket-dev] 5.0.2 changelog

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 28 08:37:42 EDT 2010

I don't agree with this. We put something in there. It has been there
for a full release cycle and we still don't have documentation.
Choosing to not mention it is not reasonable.

Instead I think a bullet like this is what we should put:

* signatures have been restricted to ASL (removed from BSL and ISL and

Possibly we should also put something about why (so SK can experiment).

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 6:58 AM, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2010, at 11:12 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
>> Also, don't forget that we moved the signatures to ASL (and improved
>> various aspects of the implementation).
> And be sure to tell them that it is all un(English)documented.
> Do we really want to encourage the current syntax for heaven's
> sake? I am pretty sure I don't like it. Neither does Mike --
> he simply guessed what we might like.
> We should wait until Shriram has fixed into what he wants.

Posted on the dev mailing list.