[racket-dev] Release for v5.0.2 has begun

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 16 20:53:13 EDT 2010

The release process for v5.0.2 has begun: the `release' branch was
created for any work that is left and is now bumped to v5.0.1.900.  You
can go on using the `master' branch as usual, it is now bumped to
v5.0.2.1 (to avoid having two different trees with the same version).

If you have any bug-fixes and changes that need to go in the release
then make sure to specify that in the commit message or mail me the
commit SHA1s.  You can `git checkout release' to try it out directly if
needed -- but do not try to push commits on it (the server will forbid

Note that nightly builds will go on as usual (as v5.0.2.1), and
pre-release builds will be available shortly at

Please tell me if you think that this should be announced on the
users list for wider testing.
Ryan Culpepper

Posted on the dev mailing list.