[racket-dev] another status report on the new `racket/gui'

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 15:28:38 EDT 2010

Matthew Flatt wrote:
> The new implementation of `racket/gui' is about as usable as my last
> report a month ago, at least for Gtk and Cocoa. Bug reports are still
> welcome. Editor performance has improved (thanks to Robby and Sam for
> testing and feedback), but not much else changed for Gtk and Cocoa,
> because I shifted my attention to Windows.

I just tried it on 64-bit Ubuntu with composite rendering. It looks
sleek and integrated, and it responds nicely. Well done.

I also sent bug reports. :D The one that's killing me is the Delete key
not working. Is there something I can do now to make it work? I don't
want to have to wait until after you're done with Windows before I give
gr2 some serious testing.

Thanks! Again, it looks and feels great.

Neil T

Posted on the dev mailing list.