[racket-dev] `cond' / `when' / `unless' / etc bodies

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 10 14:43:42 EDT 2010

I too am in favor of when, unless, and cond being definition contexts.

But I don't understand what this fragment is supposed to illustrate.
If the body of a 'when' were a definition context, we'd get this being
the same as something like this, which seems to work exactly as it
should:

Welcome to Racket v5.0.1.8.
> (define (foo x)
    (when (even? x) (let () (define x (add1 x)) (printf "increment\n")))
    x)
> (foo 2)
add1: expects argument of type <number>; given #<undefined>

 === context ===
stdin::1: foo
/home/robby/git/gr2/collects/racket/private/misc.rkt:74:7

Maybe you're saying that people would be confused by that error?
Woudln't that already happen with

(define (foo x) (define x (add1 x)) x)

?

Robby