[racket-dev] TR -> no source locations?

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 26 10:07:51 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> What's happening here is that the typed wrapper in `typed/rackunit' is
>> treating `check-equal?' as a function, but it's really an identifier
>> macro that inserts source locations when used in application position.
>>  This makes it easy to write a typed wrapper, but it has the drawbacks
>> you see. Probably the solution is to write a better wrapper in
>> `typed/rackunit', but that might be hard without integrating with the
>> internals of Rackunit.
> How far along is interop for macros in Typed Racket? Would I have to
> maintain typed and untyped version of Rackunit to do things
> 'properly'.

The right thing to do for `check-equal?' etc is to have versions that
take a syntax object to use as the source location, and then TR could
use them.  I think that in general it's good to provide such versions
for macros where the source location is important to support expanding
into those macros.

sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.