[plt-dev] Stackoverflow ad

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue May 25 12:01:04 EDT 2010

On 05/25/2010 09:23 AM, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> 2010/5/25 Guillaume Marceau<gmarceau at gmail.com>:
>
>>> but since this is on *meta*stackoverflow, perhaps it requires people
>>> with reputation there instead.  (And if this is the case, then it'll
>>> be hard to get upvoted enough.)
>>>
>> Yes, it need reputation points on meta.
>>
>> I wasn't able to vote despite having 71 points on stackoverflow.com
>>
> I got 100 reputation points just by creating a new account.
> This was enough to vote on the ad. If I understand the FAQ correctly
> no more than 15 points is needed. Whether or not it helped that
> I already had points on stackoverflow, I don't know.

I already had an account on stackoverflow with my google openid and I
used that same id to create an account on meta stackoverflow, but I only
started out with 1 reputation point. They also gave me some made up
username of 'user23842' or something.

Maybe you were the 1000th user or something?

Posted on the dev mailing list.