[plt-dev] One e-mail per commit?

From: Michael Sperber (sperber at deinprogramm.de)
Date: Mon May 17 12:58:00 EDT 2010

Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> writes:

> But those commits are very important to me -- and the though of
> considering preserving that history vs apologizing for 5 emails
> instead of one seems like a very bad idea.

The *e-mail* is the least problem in this case: Your five individual
commits go on the permanent record.  If I'm not mistaken, the "push
history" isn't even preserved by git after the e-mail was sent - there's
only the commit history.  Right?

> I'm sure that those 86 commits are important for *Sam* -- but as far
> as *I'm* concerned it's all a big blurry "stuff happened in typed
> scheme"

If they're truly only important to Sam, they should live in Sam's
repository, not in everyone's.  The whole point of a distributed SCM is
that this kind of thing is actually manageable, and pretty easily so.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike