[plt-dev] Re: [plt] Push #20178: master branch updated

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon May 10 21:12:55 EDT 2010

BTW, I made a mistake earlier -- the relevant section is "concurrent
development".

On May 10, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > You can do it with a single `git pull --rebase' (also mentioned).
>
> I don't understand. If I can always use this command, why isn't that
> the default?

I explain that too in the text.  Look for "This also explains why `git
pull' does not rebase by default."

See also the part about aliases, where I show a sample alias of:

    # satisfy the "up instinct"
    up = pull --ff-only --stat --all

and you can change that `--ff-only' to `--rebase'.

(The `--ff-only' is also explained in the text.)