[plt-dev] Release for v4.2.5 has begun

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Mar 17 19:37:06 EDT 2010

[Note that the first build had problems, so creating the branch took a
while -- I think that I got all the changes that should go in, but it
would be a good idea to re-check if you had any changes since last
night.]

The release process for v4.2.5 has begun: the trunk was copied to a
branch for any work that is left and is now bumped to v4.2.4.900.  You
can go on using the trunk as usual, it is now bumped to v4.2.5.1 (to
avoid having two different trees with the same version).

If you have any bug-fixes and changes that need to go in the release
then make sure you specify that in the commit message or mail me the
revision numbers.  Do not try to commit anything on the pre-release
branch (the server will forbid it).

Note that nightly builds will go on as usual (as v4.2.5.1), and
pre-release builds will be available at

  http://pre.plt-scheme.org/release/

Please tell me if you think that this should be announced on the
plt-scheme list for wider testing.