[plt-dev] make eval namespace argument mandatory

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 17 18:24:43 EDT 2010

At Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:56:16 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> I believe the plan is to make #lang racket a synonym for #lang scheme,
> and I think that this is wise, so we can quickly port things.

Yes, that has been the plan. Then again, some of us talked about the
alternative when I visited NEU.

For example, maybe we should take the opportunity to have `#lang
racket' trigger constructor-style printing. Maybe we should drop the
`make-' prefix on constructor names introduced by `define-struct'
(i.e., the one in `#lang racket', as opposed to `#lang scheme').

We don't want to change a lot, but there are a handful of things that
we're pretty sure we want and that seem within reach. It's worth
considering, at least.

Posted on the dev mailing list.