[racket-dev] [racket] Google doesn't know from DrRacket

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 30 08:20:36 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> Yeah, it will take time for us to catch up; the word "racket" has a
> lot going on. But for now, at least, "racket plt" finds us. Hopefully
> we'll get better over time....

Right now, we come up 4/5th on just a search for "racket", which is
pretty good at this point.  We're result 31 on Bing, and the Guide
(not the homepage) is result 27 on Yahoo.

More unfortunate is that the blurb that Google uses to describe Racket
is (Bing does a little better):

"Racket makes it easy to use TCP sockets and spawn threads to handle
them. This program starts a server at TCP port 12345 that echos
anything a client sends"

Is there some way to put more descriptive text somewhere Google will find it?
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.