[racket-dev] Wikipedia page

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 8 16:42:58 EDT 2010

Eli Barzilay wrote:
> On Jun  8, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
>> Can't we just use the examples from our web site in a two-column format?
>
> I think that the expectation is for a more conventional kind of "hello
> world" thing.  But given that in many repl-based languages that's
> going to be just
>
>   "hello world"
>
> then it's probably best to look around in other pages.
>
> (And it's definitely worth it to remove the gui thing -- it reminded
> me of a gui hello-world thing for DevStudio.)

I liked the scheme/gui example (although it should be changed to
racket/gui). I think the world example should either go or be rewritten
as a self-contained racket program (add the necessary require).

Slideshow might be another good hello-world variant:

   #lang slideshow
   (slide (t "Hello world!"))
   (slide (t "Well, good-bye."))

--

Another thing to consider is do we want complete programs (executable
with racket or gracket, use #lang) or do we want repl-pasteable

Ryan

Posted on the dev mailing list.