[racket-dev] P4P: A Syntax Proposal

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 28 14:17:31 EDT 2010

That does sound like the right level, in that this isn't a new
"language" -- by design.

I started out by trying to create a new syntax; then I realized I
didn't need to; then that I didn't *want* to.  By then I was locked
into this file structure and didn't come up for air.  I probably
didn't peel off enough layers.

Before I can move forward, I still need to resolve the syntactic
ambiguity.  As I understand it, Racket doesn't give me enough
information to distinguish {...} from (...) from [...].  Is that right
and, if so, is there any chance that will change?  [Zodiac did that
<-;.]  I don't want a solution that looks like "go look in the MrEd
buffer for...".  I'd rather not do a reader extension for it because
the extra keystrokes will add up.

Shriram

Posted on the dev mailing list.