[racket-dev] proposal: `data' collection

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 10 10:47:43 EDT 2010

At Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:35:28 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> Just to be sure I understand, you're saying that these two may or may
> not refer to the same file:
>
> >>   (require foo/blah)
> >>   (require "blah.rkt")
>
> right?

Right --- depending on whether the enclosing file is required through a
`lib' path or through a `file' path, and when "blah.rkt" is shadowed in
an alternative collects directory.

That much is true already if you shadow the "foo" collection through a
different "collects". Currently, I think the "blah.rkt" form will
always refers to a file in the same directory as the enclosing module,
but I'm not certain.

Posted on the dev mailing list.