[plt-dev] new language dialog, iii

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Jan 31 12:31:06 EST 2010

On Jan 31, Robby Findler wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > Yes -- as long as everything else moves out with it.  (Image and
> > posn stuff, r5rs, stepper/debugger language-interface.)  Wouldn't
> > this break a lot of existing stuff?
>
> Yeah, probably too much work.

I'm fine with making sure that everything works, that won't be hard.
The only thing I can't deal with easily is knowing how much stuff
outside of the tree may break as a result.  If the answer is "not
much" (like really old uses of lang/r5rs) then that would be fine.

> So maybe we need a new collection "lang-line" or something like
> that.

(Ugh...)

On Jan 31, Robby Findler wrote:
> Oh -- and the code that helps you build a #lang reader out of some
> other reader should probably go together with these utilities you're
> thinking about too, right?

You mean "collects/syntax/module-reader.ss" -- yes, that would be
there also.  (And since it's only these two, I'd rather see a good
collection name for them...)