[plt-dev] language dialog, some minor changes & bugfixes

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jan 29 15:11:36 EST 2010

On Jan 29, Robby Findler wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > But I think that "typically" should be removed.
>
> Gone.
>
> > * The "#lang" in "Typically, a #lang line ..." is biger than the
> >  surrounding text.
>
> They are now the same point size, namely the point size of the
> small-control-font.

But now everything looks small like a comment, maybe have it all
bigger, but uniformly so?

> > * I'd prefer it if there was some easy way to really dim the
> > language list box.  Otherwise, it's bright enough that it's easy
> >   to click somewhere without reading the text above it.
>
> I made the whole dialog now use the panel's background, instead of
> having whiteness behind the language list.

That looks very nice.  One more comment though:

* When the module language radio is selected, the hierlist should have
  no selection.

* Related, if you're in module, and you pop up the dialog and click
  the radio button for "choose a language" and then OK, you still end
  up with the module language.

> Also:
>
> - PR http://bugs.plt-scheme.org/query/?cmd=view&pr=10724 is now fixed.
>
> - The "Language: ..." line in the interactions window now says
> something approximately correct. It should use the read-language
> infrastructure to get the name of the language, but I don't see how to
> do that. Any tips would be appreciated. Meanwhile, it just looks at
> the first line of the window and drops "#lang" (if it appears).

(I'll hack something quick in a second.)

> - the pop down menu item below the interactions window now says
> "Determine language from source" instead of "Module"

[I can see why you thought that it should show few of the lasst
successful `#lang' lines...  It doesn't go too well with the other
choices in that menu.]

> And finally, one question: for the "what do I do to get started" ie
> the "not really a language" language? It should probably change
> somehow or maybe just go away. Opinions? (This is the language that
> you get if you delete your prefs and start up drscheem; there isn't
> another simple way to get there).

I vote for retiring it...