[plt-dev] language dialog, some minor changes & bugfixes

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 29 13:29:49 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> But I think that "typically" should be removed.

Gone.

> * The "#lang" in "Typically, a #lang line ..." is biger than the
>  surrounding text.

They are now the same point size, namely the point size of the
small-control-font.

> * I'd prefer it if there was some easy way to really dim the language
>  list box.  Otherwise, it's bright enough that it's easy to click
>  somewhere without reading the text above it.

I made the whole dialog now use the panel's background, instead of
having whiteness behind the language list.

Also:

- PR http://bugs.plt-scheme.org/query/?cmd=view&pr=10724 is now fixed.

- The "Language: ..." line in the interactions window now says
something approximately correct. It should use the read-language
infrastructure to get the name of the language, but I don't see how to
do that. Any tips would be appreciated. Meanwhile, it just looks at
the first line of the window and drops "#lang" (if it appears).

- the pop down menu item below the interactions window now says
"Determine language from source" instead of "Module"

And finally, one question: for the "what do I do to get started" ie
the "not really a language" language? It should probably change
somehow or maybe just go away. Opinions? (This is the language that
you get if you delete your prefs and start up drscheem; there isn't
another simple way to get there).

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.