[plt-dev] language dialog

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jan 29 11:06:56 EST 2010

On Jan 29, Robby Findler wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> >> Well, not a project I'm really willing to take on at this point.
> >>
> >> And are we sure that something like ubuntu doesn't have support for
> >> this?
> >
> > I'm not sure what "this" refers to,
>
> "this" refers to keyboard shortcuts for radio buttons. The thing
> you're asking me to implement.

I don't think that it's something that you need to implement since
it's something in mred.  Perhaps you're missing some kind of property
somewhere, but the functionality is in -- it does work on the radio
button groups on the details panel.

And speaking about that, it seems that all radio buttons allow no
selection at all, which is either a bug or something that leads to
bugs when code doesn't expect it.  If I click the show details and
then click the "print" output style, it gets unselected, and that
leads to an internal drscheme error.

> I guess I can try doing something simple. How about making the down
> arrow key move the focus back down into the hier-list, selecting the
> first thing and making the up arrow key move the focus back down
> into the hier-list, selecting the last thing. As far as getting
> outside of the hier-list, up from the topmost entry could move the
> radio button selection and down from the bottom-most could move the
> radio button selection too.

I don't think that this is right -- it makes it easy to choose a
language in the list by mistake.  That probably goes back to the fact
that the hierlist is always active, but it is better if it's disabled
unless explicitly enabled by changing the radio button selection.