[plt-dev] Release Announcement for v4.2.4

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 27 17:19:29 EST 2010

I recommend the following wording:

* 2htdp/universe: We have severed the intimate connection between
universe and the image library. The most important change is that the
design of world programs now demands the use of _two_ teachpacks:
2htdp/universe and htdp/image (the old image library) or 2htdp/image
(the new image library). Furthermore, the callbacks for world programs
no longer use symbols but strings. The image functions are overloaded
so that both strings and symbols work as inputs.

For upgrading your world programs, see the new Porting World Programs
guide in the HtDP/2e section of the documentation.

* htdp/world: The old world teachpack remains deprecated. HtDP/2e
exclusively uses the new 2htdp/universe library. For backwards
compatibility, the world teachpack will remain in the distribution
until the coming summer.