[plt-dev] (fail) Re: Pre-Release Checklist for v4.2.4

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Sat Jan 23 13:48:54 EST 2010

On Jan 21, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> Checklist items for the v4.2.4 release
>  (using the v4.2.3.900 release candidate build)

Ug.  The stepper fails on (if true false true), and the problem is a syntax certificate:

compile: access from an uncertified context to unexported variable from module: "/Applications/PLT Scheme v4.2.3.900/collects/lang/private/teach.ss"

My guess is that this has to do either with

a) a change to the expansion of 'if', or
b) a change in the way syntax-recertify works, or
c) a change in the inspector hierarchy that means that the stepper no longer has a privileged enough inspector.

I'm going to start digging, but if anyone knows whether any of these has occurred, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

John