planet proxy/mirror ==> Re: [plt-dev] Fwd: [plt-scheme] Download links in PLaneT

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 19 14:08:40 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu
> wrote:

> > 3 - the package-source url (http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/
> )
> > used to be visible with package directories but now it is forbidden.
> This
> > page provides a point for a crawler to mirror the packages.  Can we make
> it
> > (and the children path) visible again?
>
> I think I've fixed that, thanks.

Okay - now that I have sometime playing with it, it appears that the current
package-source is insufficient for mirroring purposes.

While I now can crawl the repository, I then would have to pass the right
"lang" version in order to download the package via the planet API - this
would require guessing, or iterate through all lang versions across all
paths, which is obviously inefficient.

Is there a possibility that the underlying package can be exposed via some
url so they can be mirrored without using the lang value?

I am assuming the packages are held somewhere on the hard drive that are
closely related to the package-source directory, so I am assuming exposing
the link is a minimal work.  If this assumption is not true, let me know,
and I will implement the brute force approach until planet can be adjusted
for lang-less download.

Thanks,
yc