planet proxy/mirror ==> Re: [plt-dev] Fwd: [plt-scheme] Download links in PLaneT

From: Robby Findler (robby at
Date: Tue Jan 12 14:52:58 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:42 PM, YC <yinso.chen at> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am getting close to have a working implementation of a planet proxy, and I
> can make a release once I can resolve/implement against the following
> questions:
> 1 - does the planet system make use of the 'required-core-version'?  I was
> able to install a package marked for 4.1 (via the planet edit metadata page)
> from PLT4.0.   What should the behavior be in such case?

The server uses that to decide which package to point a client to. You
can say "planet url ..." from your client to see this in action. That
is, if you use "planet url" from version 4.0 on a package marked for
4.1, you won't get that one back.

> 2 - also - does the planet system make use of the 'repositories' value from

Yes. It is used as the above, I believe, but also used to control what
shows up on the front page (see the link at the top next to "view
packages" at

> 3 - the package-source url (
> used to be visible with package directories but now it is forbidden.  This
> page provides a point for a crawler to mirror the packages.  Can we make it
> (and the children path) visible again?

I think I've fixed that, thanks.

Posted on the dev mailing list.