[plt-dev] scheme/set

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 23 14:09:02 EST 2010

The one real issue I see is the name make-set.  I would much prefer
make-hash-set (with *eq and *eqv versions), which indicates explicitly
what kind of set it is, and leaves us open to future kinds of sets.
Just like we don't call make-hash "make-dict", because there are many
kinds of dicts, I don't think we should claim with our constructor
that "make-set" is *the* constructor for sets.

Similarly for set-eq? and set-eqv?; we should have hash-set-eq? and
hash-set-eqv?, because these predicates don't mean anything for "sets"
in general.  I would also propose adding hash-set? (like Sam said) and
hash-set-equal?, because there's no reason to leave that one out.
(Similarly for hash tables; if someone wants to guard hash tables with
a contract on their equality predicate, there's no easy way to check
for equal? based hash tables.)

Carl Eastlund