[plt-dev] VCS poll

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 18 03:54:10 EST 2010

5

>> * What are your preferences for a distributed system?

Mercurial, git

>> * On a scale of 0 to 10, how concrete+technical are your reasons for
>>   having the above preference?

5

I use git with github projects. The command line is confusing, the
documentation is poor, and the internal architecture, AFAIK, is a ball
of string. Basically everything Mike said. Git is faster and
apparently more flexible than Mercurial, though this additional
flexibility provides nothing I've ever wanted to use.

I have looked at Mercurial but haven't tried it out much.

N.

Posted on the dev mailing list.