[plt-dev] `rico' and ".rkt"

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 17:20:17 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Carl Eastlund <carl.eastlund at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> >
> > FWIW, rkt is much faster to type (for me) than something like scrbl
> > because it alternates hands (on qwerty, anyways, don't know about
> > others). The "cr" in scrbl is the truly painful part, tho.
>
> How much are we designing the name change to service the typing speed
> of us few hardcore PLT hackers, and how much are we designing it to
> make our system more accessible and comprehensible to outsiders?  If
> we're aiming for the former, why can't we keep ".ss"?

Don't you want to increase the number of hardcore hackers? ;)  .racket and
other long extensions just look a bit too long, especially since I generally
go for small modules and that means more files.

If we can use .ss I am all for it, but I can live with .rkt or other short
extensions.

My 2 cents. Cheers.
yc