[plt-dev] Re: `rico' and ".rkt"

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz (jao at gnu.org)
Date: Tue Feb 16 14:36:42 EST 2010

"Jos Koot" <jos.koot at telefonica.net> writes:

> I suppose someone already made the connection with the Spanish word
> rico', but nevertheless to be sure ...

As you know, it means 'tasty' (in the concrete sense of having a good
flavour), and is very often used when talking to children, or in ads. To
my native speaker ears, 'rico compile' sounds a bit silly. Although you
won't find a name that sounds nice in all languages, since some of the
arguments accompanying the invocation will be English words, choosing a
name that sounds like English would be, IMHO, a good thing.

jao

Posted on the dev mailing list.