[plt-dev] `rico' and ".rkt"

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Feb 15 15:10:01 EST 2010

Jos Koot wrote at 02/15/2010 02:27 PM:
> Having all extensions start with the same word (plt, racket, or
> whatever) followed by 'source', 'compiled', 'scribble' or whatever,
> seems a good idea to me.

I think that ".racket-source" would be an annoyingly long filename
extension for many people who would use Racket.

Also, I think that it is reasonable to call Scribble files "Scribble"
files rather than "Racket Scribble" files.  (I suppose that you could
make a good argument that Scribble source files should use the same
extension as any other Racket source file, however.)

> When searching for 'plt' my google search engine puts the PLT home
> page at the top of all hits. Therefore maintaining 'plt' in the
> extensions seems reasonable to me.

I thought that the source files were to be "Racket source", not "PLT
source".

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/