[plt-dev] Fwd: [DrDr] R17971 (timeout 1) (unclean 7) (stderr 17) (changes 71)

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Feb 5 10:19:44 EST 2010

On Feb  5, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> Agreed. Send this email to the committer who triggered the change.

That won't work either: if you have a bug and I do 20 unrelated
commits, I get 20 nags because of your problem.  The emails should go
to the responsible person.  To clarify what I sent yesterday (when I
was 10% conscious): there is already some code in the meta collection
to deal with trees (either a file tree or from an svn url) -- in a
short while I could add some function that will tell you, for each
file, who is marked as the responsible.  Emails about files with no
responsible should go to someone who would be responsible for keeping
the plt:responsible properties updated.

On Feb  5, Robby Findler wrote:
> How about a daily summary of the number of times each file failed (and
> the number of builds that happened)?

That would be bad too.  Even a weekly summary would be very annoying.
Now that I'm relatively more awake, I think that even emails about
changes in those things should not be sent to this list.  It might
make sense to add some svn-committers mailing list, but even there a
weekly email will just end up being as ignored as all of those other
weekly emails people usually ignore...