[racket-dev] (round), etc. in Typed Racket

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Mon Dec 13 10:11:23 EST 2010

Does this also mean that procedures like round, floor and ceiling will
produce exact integers even when given an inexact argument? I am not sure
this would be a good idea. For example consider:
Now (round #i1e200) -> flonum of 64 bits.
But (inexact->exact (round #i1e200)) -> exact integer of over 600 bits.
Nevertheless the idea of making a distinction between integer? and
inexact-integer? (or whatever you want to name them) seems to be a good
idea. However, we already have integer? and exact-integer?
Am I missing the pointe of the discussion?
Jos