[racket-dev] (round), etc. in Typed Racket

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 11 22:49:28 EST 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> This seems like an unfortunate naming discrepancy.

I agree.  I think the solution is to change Racket, however.  From the
perspective of the type system, inexact integers are useless - they
have no closure properties, don't obey various laws we'd like the
integers to obey, etc.

Changing Racket is tricky, but I think using the `Integer' type for
something useless (it's not even currently represented in the TR type
system) would be a mistake.