[racket-dev] enter! verbosity

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 11 17:39:29 EST 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure what your intended use is (= what is that "language in
> question"), but IIUC, it sounds like you really want
>
>  racket -I typed/racket

Almost, apparently I need to throw a "-i" in there to get the REPL
back.  But yes, that comes as close as enter! to what I wanted, so
probably I should just stop using enter! for the most part.

I had thought that enter! did more -- that it was like #lang, and
would pick up reader extensions along with namespace bindings like the
DrRacket REPL does.  Apparently it does not, so I don't lose that by
going to racket -i -l.  In that case, it would be nice if we did have
a way to integrate the racket REPL with languages as closely as the
drracket REPL.  (And if we do have that, I'd like to know how!)

Sorry for my relative cluelessness about enter! and the racket command line.

--Carl

Posted on the dev mailing list.