[racket-dev] getting a language level without starting drracket

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 8 17:39:56 EST 2010

For the #lang-based teaching languages, I hope to eventually move to
the sandbox for DrRacket. For the language-dialog based ones, I don't
plan to change them, just leaving them as legacy until people stop
using them.

So I'd suggest giving the sandbox a try and seeing if you can get the
stepper working in it as that'll be needed eventually anyways.

Robby

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:24 PM, John Clements <clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
> Several aspects of the stepper's behavior depend on the language level that the user is in.  Historically, the division between graphical and non-graphical apps has meant that it's simpler for the stepper to make up a fake language level, rather than get a "real" one for testing.  However, the world looks different now.  How difficult would it be for a racket app to get a language-level% corresponding to a given module path, for use in testing?  This would also bring the testing substantially closer to the implementation.
>
> John

Posted on the dev mailing list.