[racket-dev] Fixing "uncertified context" error in in-vector

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 5 10:33:06 EST 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> For now, just export `normalise-inputs'. Ryan and I are looking to an
> overhaul of syntax certificates.

An easy fix. I'll do that.

> Also, you're using `unsafe-fx...' on numbers that haven't been checked
> to be fixnums (i.e., `exact-nonnegative-integer?' does not imply
> fixnum). I think you should just use generic arithmetic.

You can't allocate more than a fixnum number of bytes, I believe. So
start and stop must be fixnums if they're to be valid. This leaves
only step. I'll check over the code and tighten up the checks before
submitting. Or just use generic arithmetic.

Thanks.

N.

Posted on the dev mailing list.