[racket-dev] Removing Xexpr preference from Web Server

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 4 04:19:44 EST 2010

After reading through the README, my vote is for a new "web-server2"
collection and keep web-server frozen as is except to fix bugs.

The compatibility issues simply appear to be much more than an explicit
make-xexpr-response call and will most likely cause breakage.  This is the
type of change that two parallel versions should be kept until it's clear
everyone has a chance to migrate (and that can take a long while).

I like the migration path from mzscheme to scheme to racket that all are
still available and maintained.  Except for the mutable pair issue that
broke a few libraries, it was quite well managed.

Cheers,
yc