[racket-dev] data collection

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 26 18:37:19 EDT 2010

Based on discussion from PLT day, I've added the `data' collection. It
currently contains 3 libraries, for queues, skip lists, and interval
maps.  As per the earlier discussion, data is intended to make use of
the new ability to do file-level splicing.  I will be the overall
maintainer of the collection, but if you add a data structure to it,
you keep responsibility as well.

I'd like to add the following libraries to `data', and am interested
in feedback:
 - the current `racket/{list,set,dict}' libraries (with those names
continuing to work as well)
 - the current `unstable/{list,set,dict,hash}' libraries (should they
be combined with the above libraries, or added as "list-extra", or
something else?)
 - the new functional data structures library (planet krhari/pfds),
after people gain experience with it
 - other data structure implementations currently in the collections
(Ryan tells me there are several)

Suggestions, objections, or general comments on these plans are appreciated.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.