[racket-dev] data collection

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 26 18:37:19 EDT 2010

Based on discussion from PLT day, I've added the `data' collection. It
currently contains 3 libraries, for queues, skip lists, and interval
maps.  As per the earlier discussion, data is intended to make use of
the new ability to do file-level splicing.  I will be the overall
maintainer of the collection, but if you add a data structure to it,
you keep responsibility as well.

I'd like to add the following libraries to `data', and am interested
in feedback:
 - the current `racket/{list,set,dict}' libraries (with those names
continuing to work as well)
 - the current `unstable/{list,set,dict,hash}' libraries (should they
be combined with the above libraries, or added as "list-extra", or
something else?)
 - the new functional data structures library (planet krhari/pfds),
after people gain experience with it
 - other data structure implementations currently in the collections
(Ryan tells me there are several)

Suggestions, objections, or general comments on these plans are appreciated.
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.