[racket-dev] Language selection considered harmful

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 26 11:36:57 EDT 2010

> When I'm answering such questions, it is getting extremely difficult
> to tell people what to do, and often leads to some confusingly broken
> dialog.  See for example:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3572450/packaging-system-in-racket
>
> This is mostly a rant since I don't see any easy way to improve it,
> especially given the problem of dealing with htdp based classes.

It doesn't look like the documentation is very explicit about how to run
r6rs programs in drracket, the only information I could find was running
programs on the command line with plt-r6rs and other such commands.

It looks like there are two places where the docs should say something
about drracket and r6rs:
http://docs.racket-lang.org/guide/standards.html?q=r6rs&q=r6rs#(part._.R6.R.S)
http://docs.racket-lang.org/r6rs/Running_Top-Level_Programs.html?q=r6rs&q=r6rs

Posted on the dev mailing list.