[racket-dev] stepper UI question

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 26 10:35:15 EDT 2010

I like this.  The Stepper becomes available as an aid to help you
answer questions about how things came to be.  It is indeed often the
case that I "lose the plot" when stepping forward and hence go to the
end and work backward; this could put you there right away.

Yes, left-to-right scrolling makes much more sense, especially since
screens are generally wider than taller, and have become more so in
the HD era.  Sort of like the file selector on an Apple, right?  (I
forget the name for that style of columnar presentation.)

Is this a fair, operational restatement of your cautionary note:
"It will be much less complicated to add just a `how did I get here?'
button to the REPL and have the rest of the stepper reside in its own
window, than trying to embed the whole stepper in the REPL"?

Shriram

Posted on the dev mailing list.