[racket-dev] results of dlopen (hence ffi) persistent across evaluations?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Aug 6 11:08:09 EDT 2010

It appears that the results of ffi-lib are persistent across evaluations. Specifically, if I use ffi-lib to load a library, then go to the filesystem and replace this library with garbage, subsequent evaluations still cheerfully use the version that I just destroyed.

I'm guessing that this behavior is unavoidably inherited from the OS (this is mac OS X).  If so, may I add a warning to the ffi-lib docs that states this? If this is not something unavoidable, of course, I'd much rather just change it.

John