[racket-dev] status of the new `racket/gui'

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 2 19:46:50 EDT 2010

At Mon, 2 Aug 2010 19:12:40 -0400, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> >  One question: the open/save file
> >> dialogs on Gtk are using the old GRacket dialogs, rather than the
> >> Gtk-native ones.  Is this planned to change in the future?
> >
> > Yes, I just haven't gotten to the file dialog, yet.
>
> Great!  If there are dialogs like this that need filling in, I bet you
> could get volunteers on this list.  I'd be happy to help with Gtk.

Back-ends for `get-file', `get-file-list', `put-file', and
`get-directory' would be welcome.

The implementations would go in "collects/mred/private/wx/gtk" or
"collects/mred/private/wx/cocoa". All of those dialogs currently go to
the back-end function `file-selector', which is defined as a stub in
"procs.rkt". You'd have to infer the API for `file-selector' by looking
at "collects/mred/private/filedialog". I have no objecting to changing
the API --- especially throwing out the marshaling of file-extension
mappings into a string.

Posted on the dev mailing list.